Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cornucopia

Mark *loves* the word cornucopia, and loves thinking about filling one. So we decided to make them for his classmates for Thanksgiving.

Mark's school is awesome, and the parents in the class really want to be involved. I'm room mother for the class (believe it or not, no one had signed up when the opportunity came up -so I jumped on it!) I love how easy my job is, because there are so many parents willing to participate.

Today Mark's class is having their Pilgrim/Indian Feast, as it's the last day of class before Thanksgiving. Mrs C, the teacher, sent out an email to all the parents with a sign up sheet. Not more than 30 minutes after the list went out ALL the slots were full! Everything that I tried to sign up for, someone would beat me by a few seconds. So I chatted with the teacher and decided as room mom I'd bring a favor for the kids to take home. And the idea for the cornucopia was formed.

I initially found one on The Decorated Cookie. I thought it was cute, but decided to personalize ours more, and not use cookies for the "goodies" inside the cornucopia.




I liked the idea of the waffle cone though as the cornucopia - so I bought them. I then bought assorted gummy and candy fruits and veggies. I put in one circus peanut, one Swedish Fish, a sour watermelon pieces, gummy rasperries, candy fruit slices (two different kinds), fruit snacks in the shape of fruit, and gummy cherries. They turned out pretty cute. Mark gave one to his teacher as soon as he ran into school, and she said "yum!" So I bet they will be a hit with the kids as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment